Review and Swatches: theBalm Balmbini Vol 2 Palette

theBalm Balmbini Vol. 2

After receiving the Balm Jovi's palette from theBalm, I wanted to try more of their products
so what a great way to get this at 60% off!

Come check out my review on this palette..



theBalm Balmbini Vol. 2

theBalm® Balmbini Babies of theBalm® Face Palette features theBalm®'s favorite eye, lip, and cheek colors at a great value so you can gift a flawless face to everyone on your list. Perfect for blending, shading, contouring, coloring, and lining, these versatile powders can be applied dry for a more subtle look, or wet for intensity and drama. Sexy, shimmering eyes await! These colors are paraben, sulfate, and petrochemical free. Don't forget to keep one of these portable sets for yourself! Palette Includes: Promisculous Pearl - Highlighter/Shadow - Jinxy Jasmyne - Shadow/Liner - Manic Maribel - Shadow/Liner - Open to Offers Olwen - Shadow/Liner - Lavish Latoya - Shadow/Liner - Strawberry - Lip/Cheek Stain - Nude – Lipgloss”


This palette is made out of cardboard like most of their items that I own and it’s pretty darn sturdy. The palette consists of two flaps (one covering the powder and the other for the cream products) which is pretty neat considering that there won’t be any cross contamination between the powder and cream. Inside the palette includes a mirror, a highlighter, 4 eye shadows/liners, a lip/cheek product, and a lip gloss.  



The powdered highlighter was very nice, creamy, soft, buttery, and easy to blend out and use. I had trouble with Jinxy Jasmyne because it was a tad bit dry and chalky (but it’s awesome if you use it with a wet brush!). The 3 other eye shadows (Manic Maribel, Open to Offers Olwen, and Lavish Latoya) had great pigmentation with that soft, buttery texture. The cream products were a bit drying on the lip which was disappointing but nonetheless, I can always apply a lip balm beforehand.


theBalm Balmbini Vol. 2

Promiscuous Pearl (Highlighter/Shadow) – Shimmery Champagne
Jinxy Jasmyne (Shadow/Liner) – Matte Black
Manic Maribel (Shadow/Liner) – Orange Copper
Open to Offers Olwen (Shadow/Liner) – Shimmery Teal
Lavish Latoya (Shadow/Liner) – Medium Purple
Strawberry (Lip/Cheek Cream) – Slight Reddish Pink
Nude (Lip Gloss) – Nude Beige

Swatches (Indoor and Outdoor).


Original Retail: $28
How Much I Paid: $11.20

Promiscuous Pearl (Highlighter/Shadow) – 3.2 g / 0.11 oz
Jinxy Jasmyne (Shadow/Liner) – 3.2 g / 0.11 oz
Manic Maribel (Shadow/Liner) – 2.03 g / 0.07 oz
Open to Offers Olwen (Shadow/Liner) – 2.03 g / 0.07 oz
Lavish Latoya (Shadow/Liner) – 2.03 g / 0.07 oz
Strawberry (Lip/Cheek Cream) – 2.5 g / 0.08 oz
Nude (Lip Gloss) – 2.5 g / 0.08 oz


I don’t see anything too exciting about this palette considering that I have something similar in my stash already but how can I resist since I only paid less than $12 for this palette? I really love the highlighter shade and it reminds me a lot of their Mary Lou Manizer. The eye shadows were on point considering that most of them were all soft, smooth and buttery (except for the matte black shade – Jinxy Jasmyne). The cream products were alright but it didn’t excite me like the ones in the Balm Jovi palette. Overall, it’s a great palette for the price that I paid for BUT I wouldn’t recommend it for people who already have a large stash (since all of these products can be easily duped!).

A suggested eye look from theBalm.

Not really feeling the eye look but... 

What’s your favorite theBalm product?

Please comment below! I would love to check out more of theBalm products.

Thanks for reading!

23 comments:

  1. wow it looks like they give you quite a bit of product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouu love the lip/cheek cream! so pretty... and who can't deny something called Strawberry :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can only see myself using strawberry :( the other color just washes me out

      Delete
  3. the lip swatch looks very cute! you got it at such a great price.

    thanks for stopping by my blog ^^

    mDawn
    http://pursiko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i really did and i'm happy with it haha

      Delete
  4. I love their retro packaging. I think the eye you do did looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really love the packaging too :] i'm not feeling the eye look and wouldn't go with this combo :[ i only did it bc it was suggested by thebalm

      Delete
  5. The packaging is so lovely and eye catching! The colours look fab aswell! xx

    http://beautyundressedd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is :) the colors aren't that unique but the price point isn't bad.. so it makes up for it ;D

      Delete
  6. The colors look amazing! It's so pretty! :)

    http://beautyandfashion4all.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want I want I want I want. I thought Benefit had the perfect deal when it came to packaging and naming, but this makes them look amateur. Why haven't I heard of this brand? Where do you get them online and please, please review more of their products. I'm saving all my money from now and hinting to my family before my birthday.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been searching your blog for more of their products - That Nude'tude palette is another want. Makes me forget Urban Decay Naked exists. Please do let me know about more The Balm products and where I can buy. Pretty please! I owe you big-time.
      My Beauty Junction

      Delete
    2. you've never heard of theBalm?? you can order from their website :D the nude tude is also a great palette!

      Delete
  8. This palette looks amazing! I have the Balm Jovi and the Nudetude and adore them both to death ^^ Such gorgeous colours they included into this one : ) Enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh the balm jovi and nudetude are lovely too! :]

      Delete
  9. I love the packaging on the outside of the palette with all of their products pictured! It seems like the balm made another great palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! i love your eye looks on your blog :) super duper pretty!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?


    Vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you but no thanks.. I don't follow for follow :)

      Delete
  11. These shadows look amazing. I love theBalm! I have all their cheek products, and I really need to expand to their eyeshadows already. Great review.

    http://violabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Cheek products :) i dont own much of thebalm but i love the stuff thag I have from them :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for showing my blog love :)
    I love theBalm products, my favorite is the nude tude palette!

    ~shugaandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete